- April 27, 2020
- Posted by: Ccadmin
- Category: Uncategorized
Did you know that 43% of Americans have lost their jobs due to the corona-virus outbreak? That’s a scary number and you’re not alone.
Below are some things you can do help yourself while you search for your next opportunity:
1. File for Unemployment Immediately-The President signed a $2 trillion stimulus package into law, which expands unemployment benefits.
2. Do Something About Your Current Expenses- Consider downloading a budget planner app like MINT to take control of your finances.
3. Take Care of Your Physical and Mental Self- Now is a great time to get moving. The more active you are, the better you’ll feel, and the more likely you are to be proactive in your job search.
4.Consider Your Next Move- Sit down and create a list of pro’s and con’s about your last job, giving you insight into your next opportunity.
5. Consult with a Mentor or Professional for Help- Reach out to your network for support or consider investing in a career services professional.
6. Follow the Fields in Demand- If you’ve been laid off or had your hours reduced, there are needs for delivery drivers, warehouse workers, grocery employees, and more. Amazon, Walmart, Kroger and Instacart are all hiring.
7.Keep up Your Job Search- Employers are in fact still hiring, so continue to apply and network online throughout the crisis.
8.Boost Your Skills- Take advantage of this downtime to gain what you need through online learning.
Stay Positive in Your Search and remember, when one door closes another is bound to open!